Around the turn of the 20th century, Ole Berg and his son Wyman built the first mortuary in Provo at 40 East Center Street. Berg Mortuary was established in 1918, and in 1935, Wyman Berg purchased the Knight mansion at 185 East Center Street and moved the mortuary there. Berg Mortuary has served Utah Valley for over 146 years, spanning four generations of the Berg family.
This mansion was built in 1905 for Jesse Knight, a mining magnate and philanthropist who gave liberally to BYU and other public projects. He was possibly the wealthiest man in Provo at the time. The central sections of the home, built in the neo-classic style, are original. The building was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. It now houses the Berg mortuary.
Find more information at http://www.bergmortuary.com/who-we-are/history-and-staff and https://tinyurl.com/yb4hok3g
Dates of photos: